Children’s Mental Health Services will be the leader in providing care for children and families throughout the Itasca County area.
Dedication to Quality Care
- Individualized Service
- Accessible Service
- Culturally Sensitive Care
- Strong Collaborative Partnerships
- Proven Child and Family Focused Treatment
Children's Mental Health Services/REACH Inc. is a non-profit agency providing programs and services:
- To prevent mental health issues in children
- To intervene early before mental health issues cause serious consequences for the child and family
- To treat mental health issues with the latest, most effective methods
- To teach families how to cope with mental health issues and support recovery
We provide a staff of experienced, trained professionals who work at our main office on Hwy 2 west of Grand Rapids, in every school in Itasca County, and in homes working with families
Most services provided by Children's Mental Health Services/REACH Inc. are covered by Medical Assistance, Private Insurance, or Itasca County. In those cases where there is no coverage, clients will be informed prior to receiving the services and will be given the opportunity to be assessed for eligibility for financial assistance. No client will be refused service because of an inability to pay.
Children's Mental Health Services/REACH Inc. uses Evidence-Based Practice. This approach to therapy is based on research that has shown a high degree of effectiveness in achieving positive results for clients. It can be used in individual, group and family settings to assure the best outcomes.
Most individual and group interventions occur in the school where access by children to services and by staff to children is most convenient. Sessions are also scheduled at the office of CMHS and in the home, when family involvement is important.
- Diagnosing and testing for mental health issues
- Providing individual, group and family therapy and skills training to rehabilitate and restore strong function
- Educating children, parents, school staff and the public about mental illness, treatment and recovery
- Developing and coordinating a network of services tailored to the individual needs of the child and family
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Trauma focused treatment for children
- Culturally appropriate treatment
We work closely with other community agencies and organizations whose resources and services support individual and family recovery success.
Our staff includes:
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor
- Licensed Psychologist
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
- Mental Health Practitioner
Children's Mental Health Services/REACH Inc. adheres to all state and federal requirements to maintain confidentiality of client information. Specific written permission by the client is required before any information regarding client participation in agency services can be released except in cases of extreme emergency.Children’s Mental Health Services will be the leader in
providing care for children and families throughout the
Itasca County area.